1717 Bay View Dr Sarasota FL 34239 MLS A4564325
Less Photos /\
1717 Bay View Dr
Home Description: 1717 Bay View Dr
Views of sunset colors, and lush tropical landscaping adorn this rarely available historic and iconic atomic ranch home located West of Trail in Bay View Heights. Midcentury modern elements, cantilever roof lines, expansive covered porch areas, a vaulted living room ceiling, and large front and back windows create an indoor-outdoor feeling, and provide cross ventilation, while adorning the soothing verdant setting. The house, nestled in a mature garden lined with white crushed shell meandering paths, offers a three-bedroom split plan, each with en-suite baths, plus a separate air-conditioned art studio/office overlooking the courtyard and surrounded by gardens. The main living area has vaulted ceilings and is opened to the den/family room area. The galley-style kitchen has cabinet doors with thick clear double reeded glass, a skylight, stainless steel countertops, and a vintage 1959 Frigidaire Custom Deluxe Flair range with a double oven and a pullout drawer. The adjacent utility room is great for storage and can be converted into a huge walk-in kitchen pantry addition or wine storage area. There is a formal dining room with lovely garden views. The master bedroom has a walk-through closet, and the en-suite bath has dual sinks. There is ample storage throughout the house as well as in the carport area. The trough fountain water garden, stocked with aquatic plants and goldfish, creates a reflective view of dappled light and meditative space visible from the den. Owned and appreciated by international landscape architects, the garden is rich with exotic flowering plants and trees, a lush xeriscape design with well water irrigation, and a designated area of raised planting garden beds for cultivating flowers and vegetables. Highly desirable location within two blocks to Sarasota Bay for kayaking, close proximity to Southside Village, Southside Elementary School and Sarasota Memorial Hospital. The property is located at one of Sarasota's highest points, and although you can see Sarasota Bay from the street, the house is not in a flood zone. New roof in 2019. Please note that the vintage Herman Miller Bubble Light fixtures are excluded from the sale. Property to be sold "As Is.”
- Elementary School: Southside Elementary
- Middle School: Brookside Middle
- High School: Sarasota High
- Water Name: SARASOTA BAY
- Water Feet: 0
- Water Access: Bay/Harbor
- Interior Features: Ceiling Fans(s),Master Bedroom Main Floor,Skylight(s),Solid Surface Counters,Split Bedroom,Thermostat,Vaulted Ceiling(s),Window Treatments
- Appliances: Dishwasher,Disposal,Dryer,Electric Water Heater,Range,Refrigerator,Washer
- Floor Covering: Bamboo,Brick,Ceramic Tile,Laminate
- Additional Rooms: Den/Library/Office,Inside Utility
- Architectural Style: Ranch
- Exterior Features: Garden,Irrigation System,Storage
- Exterior Contruction: Wood Siding
- Foundation: Slab
- Front Exposure: North
- Roof: Membrane
- Green Landscaping: Fl. Friendly/Native Landscape
- Building Sqft: 4141
Available now at $2,195,000
Approximate Room Sizes / Descriptions
|Living Room||12x23||First||Ceramic Tile|
|Master Bedroom||16x14||First||Ceramic Tile|
- Garage: False
- Garage Spaces: 0
- Garage Feature: Covered,Driveway,Ground Level,Guest,Off Street,On Street
- Carport: True
- Carport Spaces: 2
- Air Conditioning: Central Air,Zoned
- Heating: Central,Electric,Zoned
- Utilities: BB/HS Internet Available,Cable Connected,Electricity Connected,Natural Gas Available,Public,Sewer Connected,Sprinkler Well,Street Lights,Water Connected
- Lot Sqft: 15625.00
- Lot Dim: 125 x 125
- Lot Acres: 0.3600
- Total Acre: 1/4 to less than 1/2
- Lot Num: NA
- Style: Single Family Residence
- Location: City Limits,Corner Lot,Landscaped,Paved,Rolling Slope
- Disaster Mitigation: Above Flood Plain
- Building Num Floors: 1
- : 941-364-4000
The average asking price of a 3 bedroom Sarasota home in this zip code is
$1,267,152 (42.3% less than this home).
This home is priced at $844/sqft,
which is 31.4% less than similar homes
in the 34239 zip code.
1717 Bay View Dr Sarasota FL 34239
Print Map | Driving Directions
Similar to: 1717 Bay View Dr
For Sale Near: 1717 Bay View Dr
- Approx Payment:$10,678*
These statistics are updated daily from the My Florida Regional MLS. For further analysis or
to obtain statistics not shown below please call EasyStreet Realty at
(813) 527-9259 and speak with one of our real estate consultants.
Listing Courtesy of PREMIER SOTHEBYS INTL REALTY.
For information or to schedule a viewing of this property (MLS# A4564325) located at 1717 Bay View Dr Sarasota FL 34239, call: 813-527-9259
1717 Bay View Dr, Sarasota FL is a single family home of 2600 sqft and
is currently priced at $2,195,000
This single family home has 3 bedrooms.
A comparable home for sale at 2229 Bougainvillea St in Sarasota is listed at $700,000.
This home on 1717 Bay View Dr has not had a price change.
In addition to single family homes, EasyStreet also makes it easy to find Homes, Condos, New Homes and Foreclosures
in Sarasota, FL.
Avondale, Hansen and La Linda Terrace are nearby neighborhoods.
MLS A4564325 has been posted on this site since 3/18/2023 (12 days ago).